spring

Redlands

Redlands

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 !
A traditional favorite of ours on Thanksgiving morning
 is the Turkey Trot, a 5K.
This year we had Julie and David (in the stroller),
Owen, Megan and Bennett,
Karen and Danny,
and
Dad and I.  
So fun to have such a big group!!
It always requires getting up super early and being on the road by 6am.
Here we are just arriving.


Here we are at the finish line.
Dad, Julie, Danny, David and Karen.
(Owen and Megan finished but were already headed home.)

We are SUPER proud of Karen winning 2nd place for her age group!!  She represents our family winning!!
By the way, Dad did his best time this year even beating Mom...ok, this year I walked with Julie and David, but Dad still did super well!!
Thanks for everyone participating!  I love the turkey trot!!
These pictures make it look like we were the only ones there, but I assure you there were close to 800 participants.  

2 comments:

  1. jealous! I wish I could have walked it with you and julie! Next year hopefully. Congratulations to Karen and Dad for being exceptionally awesome in kicking butt and taking names! i take it they either didnt draw for gifts or no one won any this year. either way it still sounded so fun to be there with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! That was so much fun! I also liked the yummy Del Taco breakfast burritos after the race. :-) hat a fun time. Thanks for walking with me and David! Kathy, the way the handed out the prizes was SO STUPID!! The guy picked a number between 1 and 100 and had everyone yell out numbers and then he just picked someone right in front who he happened to hear shout out the number. Oh, and then there was the girl who didn't shout the right number and so she pouted and the guy gave her the prize because her pout was so pitiful. I thought the girl would have been like 6 or something. No, it was the girl who won 1st in Karen's division. LAME!!

    ReplyDelete