For those of you who don't know, I have started drinking a green smoothie everyday since last November when I got a Blendtec blender for my birthday. I've attended two classes of the greensmoothiegirl.com, and read her book along with a couple others that support these drinks. SO,on the morning of the pancake breakfast, I made my green smoothie at home and took it with me. A doctor in our ward came over and asked me what was in it, then one of the nurses in our ward did too, along with a few other interested people. After drinking my smoothie, I really wasn't hungry for the food provided so I didn't eat anything else but a few bites of the pancake. I had to take a quick trip to Target and when I got home, I found Richard all sprawled out on the couch, SNORING!!! This was at 10am!! Then I ran over to my friend's house (they were at the breakfast too) and found her 19yr. old son on THEIR couch totally zonked out and her husband on the other couch, unable to move and nearly asleep!! Hummm, isn't a breakfast supposed to energize you for the day?? What do YOU think about that??
We had some friends over in the afternoon for swimming and then went over to the university for a great celebration. We happened to sit right in front of a women wearing her army fatigues and Rich glanced at her name. We realized it was Karen's friend, Jenna, from high school who went to West Point and has been with Army Intelligence. She had JUST gotten home from Iraq the night before. She told us a little about the place Daniel will be going to in a couple weeks and said it was a good base in Kazakhstan. Is that the right place, Daniel? I LOVED how so many people stopped to shake her hand and thank her for her service! Anyway, one of the reasons I love going to the university on 4th of July is because it really reminds me of the true meaning of this holiday. Thank you to all the people who help us live in a safe country!! Especially to you, Daniel, for your service and dedication. We pray for your safety and hope this first tour of duty will be okay for you.
Here's a few pictures from the day.
(I wonder if my pictures would turn out better with a better camera.)
I love 4th of July in Redlands! Jeff and I had our ward pancake breakfast here too and we both zonked out when we got home. Green smoothies are delicious! Even more so when they are so god for you too!
ReplyDeleteI wished so badly that we could have been in Redlands on the 4th! I love the pancake breakfast too, especially the bike race, haha! Mom, what have you noticed, if anything, since you've started drinking your smoothies? Like what benefits have you seen, besides avoiding pancake comas?
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you saw Jenna! Sometimes when I think of 4th of July and Memorial Day the first thing to come to mind is soldiers from like WWI and WWII era. I think of people grandpa's age and how much they sacrificed, then I realize that there are people who do that today! They're the people in my family, my friends from school, and people I go to church with. I'm so thankful for all the sacrifices that these people make so I can live in a safe and free country.