Probably about 20, YES, TWENTY, years ago, we began having a water leak from the upstairs bathroom down to our dining room area. It started with kids having fun and splashing water out of the tub. It was so minor that we just assumed it would stop once we insisted that the water stay INSIDE the tub. Then over time, it would leak occasionally. We called a plumber and got the leak fixed, so we thought. Well, over the years, the leak has gone away and come back caused by various problems that we would get fixed. The ceiling though was in need of repair and so last week after TWENTY years, we had the ceiling repaired and the plumber out again! Then Rich and I got busy painting! Here are the pictures.


Then, of course we did the walls which I was too busy to even think of taking pictures of.
But we LOVE the result and I'm so grateful for a friend who is a genius with colors and actually made the recipe of the perfect taupe color.
Last night we got some strong men to help move our piano back in and so the room is beginning to be livable.


Luckily, I have Kathy coming home tomorrow and she can help me decide where to hang the pictures and you know how one thing leads to another, I think I will change our curtains now.
:)
Im looking at the last picture thinking "i hope they put some things on the walls" then I saw the last paragraph of the post and found out your waiting for me :) Im so excited for you guys to be that much closer to being finished with your home! Or i guess I should say one step closer to something you love. Im learning from a blog I follow that style is never finished. But I love what you have now!
ReplyDeleteWow! Looks great! What a huge project! I totally remember the first time that ceiling leaked. I'm pretty sure I was involved, but if I remember correctly we had company over and the ceiling started leaking onto your card game at the table. :-) I'm so glad you guys got it fixed for good! And no more popcorn ceiling! Yay!
ReplyDelete