spring

Redlands

Redlands

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

2012 Trip to the Virgin Islands!

Our trip to the Virgin Islands was really a vacation where you feel like you have stepped off the world and gone someplace so remote that you are totally away from everything. This first picture is from our motel room where we stayed our first night before getting on our boat.
Here are a couple pictures of St. Thomas Island on our first day. After this, we were without TV, computers, telephones, emails, facebook, etc.

We boarded our 35' sailboat and this is what we saw our first 2 nights on the boat.
The little splashes that you can barely see are those made by baby dolphins!!
These next pictures are out of order, but on one of the days we found ourselves in the middle of a sailboat race! It was very exciting and we tried to stay out of everyone's way. They go SO fast!!






Whew!! Made it through without hitting any!
We did a lot of snorkeling at places that looked like this.
It was like swimming in someone's tropical aquarium.
We saw dolphins, turtles, stingrays, and lots of small colorful fish...
okay, I guess people really don't have dolphins and turtles in their aquariums.
We sailed over to the British Virgin Islands and saw very exclusive, beautiful beaches. It seemed to be the places where you would find the rich and famous....so why are WE here??



Our boat. The Paradiso.

These rocks are called "The Indians". Known for their great snorkeling.
Beautiful sunsets.
The Captain.
We were on the boat for 10 days. Did all our own cooking on the boat, except for one night.
My memories of this vacation will be treasured forever. We did a lot of hiking, snorkeling, swimming, sailing, reading, (I read 4 books!), and relaxing. I LOVED every minute of it....well I did once we got away from the pirates on the land!

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so adventurous! This looks like it was the trip of a lifetime. I'm so glad you had such a good time. Thanks for posting, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! Great pictures too! I'm so glad you guys got to go and do such a fun vacation! I missed you though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a great post! I could imagine myself there. seriously, take me next time? haha love all the pictures! ITs so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What greaat pics!! So fun for you both to have such a relaxing getaway! You guys are so adventurous! Glad you had so much fun. But also glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete