spring

Redlands

Redlands

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gathering with Old Friends

We had a great evening at the Cheesecake Factory with dear friends.Carol and Don Currie came to So. Cal. from Oregon for a visit. It was just about a year ago that Don had suffered a stroke and since all these good buddies befriended him at his time of need
even though it had been years since seeing or talking to him much, the Curries wanted to be sure and get together with all these friends that have known each other for over 30 years. We had a great time catching up on what everyone is doing and how their kids are. We were asked, "How is it possible to have 4 out of 4 kids doing so well and how could they all have chosen such great people to marry?"
I'm SO grateful for my family and the gospel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It makes ALL the difference!!
Thank you: Julie, Owen, Karen and Kathy.
Thanks for being good, and kind, and for choosing to follow Christ's example in your life.
Thank you for choosing such wonderful spouses.
Thank you Daniel, Megan, Danny and Jeff for being such great people and choosing to live the gospel.
We love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Jeff says, "aww Sweet. Sweetums." :) thanks mom. You and dad are such great examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a fun night to see everyone! You guys are great parents and are a good example to us all. I hope they're all doing well too! We love you mom and dad and our whole family - soon to be plus 1! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so nice mom! I'm glad you guys all got to get together. I LOVE this post. We do have really great spouses, and we have the BEST family! I can't WAIT for 4th of July and the baby and everything else, what a fun year with a fun family :)

    ReplyDelete