spring

Redlands

Redlands

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kennedy Space Center

After several delays, the Discovery Shuttle is scheduled to launch tomorrow, November 5, 2010 and rain or shine, we will be there!! It will take six astronauts and one robot.
We spent one day at the Space Center seeing as much as we possibly could. We even talked with a real astronaut and a cosmonaut! They just happened to come on the space shuttle launch simulator ride as we did.
We also spent a day at the Astronaut Hall of Fame. There really are a lot of astronauts. I had no idea there were so many and I've learn so much about the space program.

The rocket garden.






This hugh building is just one story and it is the largest building in the world. Four Empire State buildings could fit inside it.
It is here that they turn the shuttle upright and link everything together with the rockets in launch position.


This is the crawler that they put the shuttle on and transport it to the launch pad. It takes 8 hours to transport it and it goes up to one mile an hour.

It is all set to go except for putting the fuel in the tank which they will do the morning of the launch.
It's all a go for tomorrow!!
We've wished several times that you could all be with us here.
Hopefully, you will each get the chance to come to this great place.
It is one of the most inspiring places I've ever been to.






1 comment:

  1. We wish we could be there too! That is such an american institution I am sad they are discontinuing it. I hope you guys get lucky and they actually launch it tomorrow!! I hear they have a small window before the weather turns and they have to postpone it to December. I love you guys and can't wait till Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete