spring

Redlands

Redlands

Sunday, September 20, 2009




Dad finally got around to putting some of his pictures on the computer from his big sailing trip, so I hope to post some here for you to view. He also spent quite a bit of time this week downloading pictures of you kids from years ago that were on our old computer to a portable hard drive. They were fun to look at.
On Saturday, Peter, Mary and I played up at Riley's Farm up in Oak Glen. It's a really great place to take small children to. There's apple picking, candle making, rope making and some game booths for kids. The food is good too. The Ceilihouse Band has been asked to play Saturdays and Sundays from now until the end of November... the apple season. I told my group that Sundays were out for me, but I would give Saturdays a try and see how it goes. It was a relaxing atmosphere where we just sat under a tree and played. It was 84 degrees which was 20 degrees cooler than at home. I enjoyed it, but we really missed Rory and Frank.
Dad and I also did some sealings in the temple one morning and I thought I had a Todd ancestor that needed to be sealed, but as it turns out, that person needs to be baptized first.
I went to a movie night at Relief Society on Wednesday and ate a lot of junk food. At the end, my name got picked for a door prize which was the most recent conference issue of the Liahona (all spanish). So, yesterday when we went to Long Beach to watch the BYU football game, I gave it to Grandmother's friend, Heloisa, from Argentina. At first she thought it was a political magazine and then I told her it was mi religione...de mi iglesia, and she was very happy to have it. She said she has some nieces and nephews that belong to our church. I don't know if she was just being gracious or not, but she was very happy about it. That made my day!
We love you all and look forward to your comments.
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Good pictures! You should try to post some of the ones Dad scanned in of us. Great job giving the Liahona to Heloisa! That's great! I hope she'll enjoy reading it! Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, you gave her a Liahona? I'm so proud of you, but if she becomes LDS grandma is going to have a hissy. Lol. Good job though! You're so brave. I wish I could be brave like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! The security word that the computer made me type in before I could post my comment was BUTT. hahahaha. Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete