spring

Redlands

Redlands

Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 13, 2009

Today I am leaping into the world of technology by joining the rest of the bloggers and beginning one myself. I think this will be an excellent way for our friends and family to keep in touch and to know that we love you and want to be a part of your lives.
We have had so much fun this past summer getting together with each of you and we miss you when we go for too long without seeing you. The Labor Day weekend was great fun although we all missed Owen. In the coming months we look forward to mid October when Kathy will come home. We will get together with Owen and Megan and go see the BYU / San Diego football game!! I'm WAY excited for it!! Hopefully, Karen and Danny will be moving into their first home, or house I should say, and we will be able to come visit them and help them with anything. In November, I'm hoping to to go to Utah for the BYU / Utah game, but dad is sure it is sold out and so we may stay home. Then we look forward to having everyone here for Christmas. You'll be glad to know that we just bought another double bed. (I don't know who will be the lucky ones to stay in the beautiful futon though ;).
Yesterday, the Ceili House Band played for the Boys and Girl's Club of Redlands. We played in one of those portable aluminum stages that feels like an oven when your inside it. We had some Irish dancers join us and the noise and echo from the fast hard shoes was like drums in our ears. None of us could hear what the person next to them was playing. It was a real test to stay together. I had my eyes peeled on Rory's fingers and foot tapping. We got a good laugh out of that. I watched the most football in one day that I have ever seen!! It was exciting to see BYU win and we saw #58 a couple times, which had us screaming. Then we drove to Long Beach, visited Grandpa and Grandma Ann and then over to Grandmother's for the USC game. She is doing very well with Heloisa staying with her. We must pray for them both!
We had a great Stake Conference today. Dad said that in the morning priesthood session, the husbands were told to be nice to thier wives. That's always good to hear. That's just as Dr. Laura says, "choose wisely, (before marriage), then treat kindly (after marriage). Good advice for everyone.

Well, since this is my first post, I'll close. I know it's long and I'll have to get better about shortening my stories. Just know that we love you all and think you are the best people EVER!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun still ahead! That would actually be really cool to go to the BYU/UTAH game. I'll check into tickets if you are interested.
    Thanks again for letting us stay with you over Labor Day. I enjoyed being there with everyone...except I too missed Owen.
    Have fun with the blog...it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, rptrflyr! Let me know what you find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blog Mom!! This is a great post! Good luck getting tickets to BYU/Utah. BYU will probably win this year :) By the way, rptrflyr is Daniel and it's like F22 Raptor Flyer. Haha. He's funny.

    ReplyDelete