spring

Redlands

Redlands

Monday, April 11, 2011

On Saturday, the Ceilihouse Band performed at the U of R for their Multicultural Day.

I think we have played there for the past 15 years and this is the first time that we played late in the afternoon. The sky was dark with clouds, the wind was picking up and it was cold, in fact I actually wore my long underwear and had a hand warmer !


After playing for about 7 minutes we felt sprinkles on us and I could see the water landing on my fiddle as I played. Because we were playing for some little dancers, we couldn't just stop in the middle. SO, after fininshing the tune, we put our instruments away and went into a nearby building and finished our set.

4 comments:

  1. Weird that it was so cold and cloudy. I hope you had a fun time though! I remember going to the U of R for you to play every year. It was always fun to watch little Karen and little Kathy dancing on the grass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, you're so cool! You're in a band and you have gigs and you have a following. Did anyone from your yoga class come to see you? Hope you had a good time despite the cold. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, my family is my only following, which I am SO grateful for. And yes, Mina and her sister came from my yoga class. I love to remember Karen and Kathy dancing too! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! This is so awesome! You are truly talented and it is so great you share your talents with the world. Glad you made it and had fun!

    ReplyDelete