spring

Redlands

Redlands

Friday, October 29, 2010

USS Alabama

Today, October 29, 2010, Dad, Julie and I left her home in Mississippi and drove to Mobile, Alabama. We stopped at the USS Alabama and took a tour. It was so big and Julie and I made it especially fun by figuring out that our family could actually run this battleship! We made assignments for everyone, and some of us...well practically all, have to double or triple up on our duties.
Dad is of course the captain and that's a big job in itself.

Danny is THE ENGINEER of the whole ship! He has to know what all these machines do and manage all the control knobs.
(Good luck Danny)











Owen will be working closely with Danny and he will have to manage the
ship's computer. It's an entire room!
(Good luck, Owen.)
Oh, yeah, we also assigned Owen to be the PLO.


Julie and I can help load the ammunition.
I've been working out and Julie's on a football team, so I'm sure we can handle that job.


We figured that Jeff would not only have to be the doctor/surgeon, he'd also have to be the dentist. Karen can help with the pharmacy but she is also the physical therapist, recreation advisor and the jailor. (I wish I had taken a picture of the "Brig". We figure Karen would keep those hooligans in line.



Julie and Megan would be running the post office, the plotting room, and all the clerical stuff.





Kathy and I and possibly everyone else will have to help with the food stuff.
There was a soda fountain, and I'm sure I'd be in charge of that so you'll all want to stay on my good side.


Of course, Kathy will be the barber/hair stylist, but she will also be in charge of the bakery.


Daniel will be in charge of all the guns, and actually EVERYTHING on deck. He'll have to be flying back and forth from the battleship to the aircraft carrier.
(Good luck with that, Daniel.)


We'll be posting as we move along on our trip, so hope you will let us know what you think of your assignments so far. You may want to put in requests as we near NASA.














2 comments: