spring

Redlands

Redlands

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A VICTORIOUS DAY!!

WARNING...The pictures you are about to see are of a deadly nature and may be offensive, so take caution in viewing.
.
.
.
This morning I woke up and as usual looked out my bedroom window to see if our destructive gopher was up yet. He was not and I was hoping maybe he was gone or dead from the drowning I tried to cause him yesterday. I proceeded with my usual morning routine. I decided to go to the temple for the 8:15am session and just as I'm getting ready to get in the shower, I take one more look to see if "he's" up yet.
YES!! He was out of his hole making a big hill of dirt and rocks again.
My anger started to rise and I thought about putting on my sweats to go try to KILL him yet again!!
Then....
I stopped.
Having just said my prayers a few moments earlier, I decided he would only win again if I did spend my time trying to kill him and miss my temple session.
SO,...
I ignored him and got ready to go to the temple.
Just as I was walking out the door, dad and I saw the varmit completely out of his hole and dad grabbed the handy broom, snuck around the car and WHACKED him with it over and over...
and I am SO happy to report,
WE GOT HIM!!

He was a big one...an R.O.U.S.
Sorry to admit that this killing has MADE my DAY!!
That and going to the temple, of course.
(Does this make me a bad person?)
The sad thing is that dad noticed that the holes have been filled back up from the inside, so the battle may not be over yet.
I'll probably look out my bedroom window first thing in the morning tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good day too!
Love you,
Mom




7 comments:

  1. oh man! great job you guys! you have won the battle but the war may still be on. I have faith you will conquer and get your land back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUNNY MOM! You're a good storyteller. Glad you caught him. I hope he was working alone for your sake (and your yard's sake) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Jeorb Mom!!! You got him! Keep us posted on the killing of his friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. nice mom. way to document the occasion. Its a nice mix of adventure, temple, prayer, mystery, and murder.
    he must have told his kids: "if im not back in five minutes, seal the door and wait for the army"

    Megan and I saw a closeup of a gopher on tv the other day and megan commented how ugly and scary they are. she slept with the wall light on that night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That story is TOOO funny! Maybe I could help? I've caught a few gophers in my day from living on the FARM! Also when we lived overseas we had huge rats but we let the help take care of them. Too Big Too Much Too Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Thanks for all the comments! I love them! As of today, Friday, there have been no new gopher sightings...happy to report. The good thing about gophers (the ONLY good thing) is that they do stay outside. Megan can be comforted about that. Now RATS are a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm Owen I sleep with the light on every night. But truly a gopher is no pretty thing. Glad to hear you got it! Hopefully it's gangster buddies witnessed the brutal massacre and decided to flee and designate a new turf.

    ReplyDelete