The past few mornings I've been suspecting it was getting time to go hunting again...and this morning marks the first offical day. Yesterday, dad and I watched as our neighbor's cat was eyeing a mound of dirt in the back yard. This morning there were three mounds and one was fresh, so I hurried out with the shovel and hose and tried my best to get the rascal, but no luck. Maybe tomorrow.
We had a fun week with a day at the L.A. County Fair and a day at Huntington Library. At both places I felt sorry that we never took you kids to these places. At the fair, I had a scoop of the BEST ice cream I've ever had in my life and as we were walking through one building of exhibits, a Korean guy hijacked me and gave me a massage. I turned to tell dad that I was going to sit at his chair for a few minutes and dad was no where in sight. Later, he told me that he saw me get captured and thought he better keep walking so he didn't have some guy rubbing his neck and shoulders. You know that knot I always seem to have at the top of my shoulders, well, this Korean rubbed and pounded it out of me. I thought I might not survive the torture of it, but after, I felt better than I have in a long time. Interesting.
Oh, one last note about dad and his junk drawer. I forgot to tell you something else he found as he was cleaning...13 decks of cards! Then there were another 2 decks in the kitchen. That's embarrassing!
Hope you don't mind the undate on our lives. We love you all and are so grateful for each one of you. :)
(written an hour later) Dad just found 2 more decks of cards!! How pathetic is that?
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mom, I think you're the next reality show called something like "The Gopher Hunter" :) Go get tham varmits! I only remember going to the Orange County fair once when Kathy was in dance - or maybe it was Karen. That was SO fun! Seriously I don't remember ever seeing so many yummy looking treats for sale in one place in my life! Dad, are you going to start your own casino with all those decks of cards?? Haha! Oh the treasures you find in a junk drawer!
ReplyDeleteor a made for tv movie
ReplyDelete"in a peaceful town, Laure West thinks her life is going swell, But what she doesnt know will haunt her and turn her into something she fears, The Gopher Hunter. Just under the surface waits something terrifying, gophers." starring laurie west as mom and dennis hoffman as dad. rated pg-13 for graphic violence and animal cruelty.